Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I've been to the Christmas Eve service at the Village Church.  The preacher was so good I remember the sermon - human beings have a rightiousness problem (we can't seem to stay with the rules for being good to each other) so God had to do something about that and he sent perfection into the world so we could have it too - so we would be able to really be in his image.  God isn't so much about trying to make us behave as he is about getting us to love.  Good sermon.

The Christmas Eve dinner is finishing up.  Thein made "phuh" - a lovely Vietnamese soup.  Liz made peanut brittle, fudge and some other kind of candy.  Fred made a fire in the fire pit and roasted tiny sausages.  Pretty soon we'll celebrate. 

I feel fairly detached about Christmas these days.  But still I love everything.  It's a beautiful spritual time.  I just read an article in Spirituality and Health that basically said that it isn't much in the way of spirituality if it's all personal.  If we aren't addressing the suffering of others in the world...well our practices aren't worth much.  So, I wish the whole world peace.and hope I can further that in the year to come.

1 comment:

Eric Wayne Mix, DO said...

Great quote! Occurs to me that until one is REALLY ready to SINCERELY pray the 3rd step prayer, much of the spirituality is just window dressing, huh? For the first time ever, I'm actually praying it and meaning it too! lol : ) Merry Christmas, and may we all be filled with the Christ consciousness and not the consumerist bullshit! ; )
Love you!
e : )

Blog Archive