Monday, April 05, 2010

Surrender

"Surrender. The place that those of us on a spiritual path call home.
Not only is it sweet, there's no place llike it, as Dorothy told us in The Wizard of Oz." Melody Beattie. 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact.

Sure enough, surrender is the answer to pretty much everything. When I started asking for God's will for the to-do list problem, it started to diminish and almost disappear. I began to see more clearly that I don't accept my physical limitations nor time limitations and try to impose my will. So I'm always disappointed in myself. When I wake up in the morning, I usually feel anxious about all the things I need to do. It's a habit. I've always had it. I'm always behind (procrastination), so there's always more to do than I can do. But I still try to figure out how to get it done. At age 68 (almost 69), it works badly - a lot more badly than in did when I was in my 20s. Time to let go!

No comments:

Blog Archive