Sunday, March 07, 2010

Hindsight

I read a lot of articles about relationships/marriage. You would think I'm still a married woman. Actually, in a way, I am. I'm still rehashing my marriage - its high points and low points, looking for what I can learn.

Today I read an article by a woman who let her husband "have it" one day. She told him about all her dissatisfactions and angers. She said if things didn't change, she was leaving. The next day her husband keeled over with a heart attack and died. If that isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is. Since he died, there wasn't much she could do about the marriage. But she spent a lot of time rehashing - maybe like I am. She said she arrived at a point where she felt like her marriage was "revitalized" because she saw it in such a different light with hindsight.

I knew someone once who said, "Life is a tough teacher. She gives you the test before the lesson." Sometimes all you can do is rehash and learn what you can. All in all I think I had a good marriage. But there were some incredibly tough times that I'm learning from now. I hope it will "revitalize" my marriage - odd as that seems.

No comments:

Blog Archive