Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunrise

Didn't post this in January because I couldn't remember what it was. Now I remember - a passenger on the plane to Austin took this picture for me of the sunrise from the window of the plane where he was sitting. Love it. "Sloth is the thief of time." Drop the Rock.

The book study we're doing on "Drop the Rock" inspired me to do a 4th Step on sloth.
I'm tired of trying to figure out if I'm lazy, ADD, dissociating, depressed or just plain crazy. So, I'm just calling my problem with erratic sleep patterns, excessive tiredness, and erratic ability to function, "sloth" and working the steps on it. I've done two million things to deal with this problem and I still have it and it still interferes with my life and pisses some people off. For some reason, it's never occurred to me to work the steps on it before which is totally amazing. Just shows I still need a lot of help. So, anyway, the 4th Step is finished - 8 pages of single-spaced self-examination. One of my sponsors has read it and we'll talk on Thursday (5th Step). I'm kind of entertained by the idea that once I've been through Step 9, I will actually be in the hands of God and things will change or I will change according to my willingness and God's plan. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

No comments:

Blog Archive