Thursday, February 18, 2010

Eric's smoothie

My friend, Eric, (who by the way is a doctor) came up with a solution to the fact that I don't like salads or eating a lot of raw vegetables and fruits. Actually, he was working on a solution for himself. I've been using it for awhile now and it works. By that I mean, I get all the raw fruits and vegetables I need in a day's time without a lot of effort and the discomfort of eating something I dislike. In fact, I like it and it's no trouble at all. I think there's about 2 1/2 servings of fruit and 2 or 2 1/2 servings of vegetables in one smoothie - the quota for the day - plus the other ingredients.

Half a banana, half an apple, handful of blueberries, handful of spinach, handful of carrots, cup of hemp or rice milk, some hemp oil. Blend and drink. You could also add grapes, bell pepper, raw beets. It looks kind of weird but tastes good. Eric likes Jalapenos in his but not me.

I feel very healthy and righteous after I've had my morning smoothie!

No comments:

Blog Archive