Friday, January 01, 2010

An Art

"Learning to want what you have and be where you are is an art. So is learning how to get to wherever you're going to." Melodie Beattie. 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact.

I've never really been successful at anything if I wasn't first grateful, at least a little bit, for where and who I am. Usually I wasn't even aware of it, but it was still there. The thing is, if I'm in a terrible funk because things aren't the way I want them to be, I am simply unable to move forward. I lack the energy, enthusiasm and hope that are necessary. Beginning this new year with gratitude will go a long ways to helping me make the changes I want to make. I'm finally able to give my physical well being a little less time and energy which can then be given to some new activities. And for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Blog Archive