Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Drop the Rock

"We fear becoming invisible if we quit practicing our faults." Drop the Rock.

Change is hard. The book, Drop the Rock, is about practicing the opposite of our faults. It doesn't cut us any slack. It just says to work at it one day at a time. (In other words, never, never, ever give up.) Gradually, in fits and starts, two steps forward and one step back, we change. It has to be gradual or we feel like we're disappearing, since we see ourselves in terms of our faults. As I'm working on making changes, I keep having the feeling that I won't be myself anymore if I don't have my wonderful bad habits. The other night, I dreamed that I was chasing wild kittens that I had discovered living under a house. They were darling, but scruffy, dirty and in need of food. I was trying to help them but they kept running away. There are some ways of interpreting dreams that say that animals in dreams represent your habits. My habits are definitely like cute, scruffy kittens - very much in need of help but constantly escaping my grasp. Never mind - I will never, never, ever give up!!

No comments:

Blog Archive