Friday, June 19, 2009

Serenity Experiment Update

I am a stubborn, hard-headed woman. That's either the good news or the bad news. In the context of the Serenity Experiment, it's good news. I have not reached serenity yet with my morning and evening routines but I'm still making progress. It is incredibly challenging to follow my routines when I'm visiting someone or when I have company. The barrier is my sleeping pattern. In the past I was an early riser - usually up - without an alarm - at between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. I haven't seen that time on the clock except when I've had to go to the bathroom. For whatever reason, I don't go to sleep right away - I may doze off and on until around midnight no matter what time I go to bed. Then I sleep until 8:00 or 9:00 - which is really not good for trying to do several things before starting the day. Especially when the rest of the household is up by 7:00 and ready to start the activities of the day about the time I stumble out of bed. Even when I'm by myself, I really want to be able to start my day at a reasonable time and that's completely impossible if I don't get up until 9:00. It's a good thing I'm stubborn and it's a good thing I'm a world-class problem solver. I will solve this problem. More later.

No comments:

Blog Archive