Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mice and Men


"The best laid plans...." Interesting how things actually turn out no matter what I plan. On Friday I went to a seminar on the physical manifestations of PTSD and ways of using the body and movement to integrate traumatic experiences. It was fascinating and I got a lot of useful information. The speaker kept giving us little, brief exercises to get in touch with how we felt when we made certain movements. Of course, my reaction is that I don't feel a thing and if I keep trying I just getting overwhelmingly sleepy. So, I went home at lunch and went to sleep. It's my PTSD physical reaction - to go to sleep, that is. It's very annoying. I have tried various strategies to change it - the most obvious being to simply force myself not to go to sleep. Oh boy! That one doesn't work at all. If I do it, I get tremendously physically sick and can't function at all. It's just better to go to sleep.

I did make it to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. Since it's spring they had a lot of lettuce, radishes, green onions and asparagus. I already have all of that I need in the fridge from my last trip to Whole Foods. As to flowers: none. So, I got some plants - dill weed, sweet potato vine, a big tomato plant, and some decorative grass. I did make it to a meeting where I thought I would see a lot of people I know. I did see a couple of people I know, but most were complete strangers. Okay. I went home and still being very sleepy, went to bed (again). I slept off and on until 4:30 a.m. and then went back to sleep until 10:00 a.m. Hmmm. I hope the sleeping binge triggered by the seminar is now over so I can get back to life!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive