Monday, June 02, 2008

Here I Go

Tomorrow is the day before the surgery to fix the broken hardware in my leg and do another bone graft. I got the really important stuff done today - tan, manicure, trip to the hospital for pre-surgery stuff, trip to chiropractor to get my back straight before surgery, meeting with staff at the Association to map out a plan for a diversity outreach project. I know the tan and manicure sound frivolous but I've learned that the frivolous stuff makes me feel better. I'm out of some perfume that I love and I'm going to go get some tomorrow to take to the hospital. I am so very lucky - my friend who is a doctor will be here tomorrow and will go with me to the hospital and stay for three days and my oldest daughter will also be here. I am blessed even though my leg doesn't work. Also, tomorrow I will make some chili, vegetable soup and chicken breasts for the folks to eat while I'm gone. That will be comforting too.

2 comments:

Thien said...

Hi Mrs. Adam's grandma. Fighting. Please get well soon and be happy on the surgery table. Hope that you'll have a good dream when they put you to sleep (for a while).

Unknown said...

Hi Mary Ann, hope everything went well this morning. Thinking of you.

Love,

Dee

Blog Archive