Thursday, September 07, 2006

Surgery is coming

It's been a year since the accident. All the healing that's going to take place has already taken place. So, in a couple of weeks, my surgeon will remove the dead bone and replace it with metal, plastic and wire. When he's finished, he tells me, I will be able to start learning to walk again. It won't happen right away since many of the muscles in my leg haven't had much exercise. It's going to take awhile to build them up so that I can walk.

A year ago I woke up in a different world - without my husband and without the ability to walk. I'm eager to have this surgery but I know I'm going to be waking up in a different world again. It's strange to have this somewhat conflicted feeling of eagerness and yet fear of the unknown. I'm so lucky to have friends and family to support me, which keeps fear to a very mild level.

No comments:

Blog Archive